PG, Mississippi State, 6-3, Fr.
- Very quick
- Attacks and finishes at the basket
- Really good three-point shooter
- Solid athleticism for position
- Still raw and has tons of upside
- Good size for the PG position
- Streaky/inconsistent mid-range shooter
- Sloppy with the ball at times
- Still improving on getting teammates more involved
- Needs to improve free-throw shooting
Player Comparison: Keyon Dooling
Newman has been one of the more exciting Freshman in college
basketball for Mississippi State. He is deceptively quick and uses
that quickness to finish at the basket. Newman will be a mid-late
1st round pick.